12 May 2013

A WELL-KEPT SECRET

From late April to early May, a few acres of woodlands in Halle (south of Brussels) are covered with a breathtaking carpet of wild bluebell hyacinths.  It's one of Belgium's most amazing natural spectacles and one of its best-kept secrets.


The beech is the dominant species of trees in these woods and Halle's woods are part of Europe's largest beech forest, stretching across the south of Brussels.


I have never seen anything like this: this soft blue colour spread out in front of me as far as I could see.





It was an outing that really moved me; another opportunity to praise the Creator and thank Him for the beauty of this world He made for us.

And since today is Mother's Day, I wanted to send it to all you beautiful mothers out there who have a special place in my heart.


Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments: