5 May 2012

What a special guest!

A few weeks ago, my niece Rebecca Klinck visited me - my first overnight guest.  We had a wonderful time together as I showed her "my" Brussels.  We went walking around the old part of town, meandered throught the sereine park of my Commune Ixelles (and sat outside in the sun and had coffee) and visited the Horta House museum.  Of course we ate out and had Belgian dishes and of course, she tried our Belgian beer!  It was the week before Easter, so she came with me to the Passion Week evening services at St. Andrew's and saw where I "work".


Interestingly, this was the first time I had attended evening services every night of the week leading up to Good Friday and Easter.  What an excellent preparation for the Resurrection service on Sunday!  We meditated and reflected on that last week in Jesus' life and the meaning of the Cross, and expressed our gratitude for the death of Christ for the forgiveness of our sins.  Easter Sunday, Resurrection Day, explodes on one with greater power after such a preparation.  Thank-you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment